Application manager does not work.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 04:57:46PM +0100, Francesc Roig-i-Feliu wrote:
> A Dilluns 19 Febrer 2007, Paul Klapperich va escriure:
> > I always setup a user password, edit the 'gainroot' script, and lock the
> > root account using 'passwd -l'
> >
> > The maemo wiki explains how to edit the gainroot script, or you can just
> > install the "becomeroot" package. I don't think either of the passwords
> > should prevent application manager from working.
>
> > Did you do anything else that you recall?
>
> I installed busybox package,

That may have been a bad idea.

Many of the system utilities (such as mount) on the tablet are provided
by busybox.  If you upgrade busybox to some other version that does not
have one of the utilities the tablet needs, you will have to reflash.

> but i didn't get any error. Also I changed the
> N800 host name editing the hostname file (to FrancescNok).

Also not a very good idea.  Sudo breaks when it cannot resolve the
hostname.  If you also changed the default hostname in /etc/hosts,
it should be harmless.

> #############################
> http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2007-January/003108.html
>
> 1/ on my desktop Linux pc
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/n
> cd /tmp/n
> wget
> http://mummola.cs.tut.fi/n770/files/busybox_1.01-4.osso10-ipv6.etc1_armeldeb
> ar x busybox_1.01-4.osso10-ipv6.etc1_armel.deb data.tar.gz
> tar xfz data.tar.gz
> mv ./bin/busybox ./bin/busybox2
> scp ./bin/busybox2 root at YOURNOKIA:/bin/
>
> 2/ then on my N800 as root
>
> cd /usr/bin
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 ip
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 nc
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 ping
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 ping6
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 telnet
> ln -s /bin/busybox2 traceroute

Ah, I see you were careful.  Disregard my comments about upgrading
busybox.

Marius Gedminas
--
Funny, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with a statement
containing both "lambda" and "more readable" ;^)