Airport Extreme - WPA2

Hi Jonathan!

> I'll have to investigate the manual config, but seems like something
> is simply wrong to me.  Though there were supposed to be standards for
> these keys so all supported devices spoke the same language.

Don't worry. WPA2 is standard.

> My AP was configured first, that's how I was presented with the key
> question on the N800... for now though I'll just go without
> encryption.  It's very unlikely that someone would be sitting on my
> driveway or walking outside my house scanning the wireless network...

Simply don't.
My guess in the dark: you have manual on the CD. Try to get defaults.
Then enable or disable what you like or dislike. Try to change channel
to 1, 6 or 11. Maybe it has option for aes, which is what you want. Try
to be close to ap. I've read that some ap's are not fully wpa2 ready.
If you live in civilized area, try to replace it for wrt54gl. There is
even newer version, that has nas included.

                                      Zoran