[maemo-users] Re: Note to Nokia Maemo team... we need (ok, would really like) this

Hi,

ext Neil MacLeod wrote:
> We all know the N800 struggles with Flash/youtube videos so a
> more appropriate conclusion would seem to be that the N800 Flash player
> simply isn't up to snuff for videos AND adverts.

According to Ari Jaaksi's blog Flash speed will be improved
in the next release:
http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/2007/02/high-level-roadmap.html

(I don't browse flash-infested sites, so I wouldn't know :-))

	- Eero

PS.  The problem with adverts isn't necessary always speed but their
memory usage.  If the Flash script just keeps collecting data, there's
not much the player can do.  On 1GB machine you don't necessarily notice
that some Flash script took several hundred MBs of RAM, except by the
fact that Firefox seems to consume a lot of memory.  On Gagarin with
128 MB (of which Browser can use ~80MB if you don't have other apps
running) you will notice it...