[maemo-users] Random reboots

Hi,

Marius Vollmer wrote:
> "ext Eero Tamminen" <eero.tamminen at nokia.com> writes:
>
>> [Rebooting] shouldn't (couldn't?) cause data loss, [...]
> Well, it is a clean reboot, which means no file system corruption on
> your MMC etc,

I meant that the DSP handling issues in kernel shouldn't be able to
cause data loss even although the device lifeguard would not reboot
the device.

Audio not working could make things in the UI to freeze randomly though.
If I remember right, e.g. lib/ESD or some other related Open Source
component didn't handle robustly audio stopping working in the middle.
(Robust here means handling the error and returning instead of
busylooping forever trying to output audio)

> but do you trust "Notes" to save your document properly
> when it is killed during shutdown?  I don't...

	- Eero