[maemo-users] suggestion for next Nokia tablet

On 2/12/07, Paul Klapperich <maemo.org at bobpaul.org> wrote:
> Handspring Visors used to have scrollwheels way back before Palm bought them
> back up. That was at or before Blackberrys were gaining traction. Handera
> Palm OS products had them, too, I think.
>
> --Paul

  I believe you're thinking of the Sony Palm handhelds, although I
believe you're correct about the Handera verions.  I owned one of the
original Handspring Visors and it had exactly the same number of
buttons as a Palm and no scroll wheel.  I owned a Sony T415 (Palm OS)
which had a scroll-wheel as well as the dubious distinction of having
the worst-designed buttons of any device I've owned, bar none.  They
were _extremely_ small, with narrow ridges projecting upward that were
supposed to look cool.  The up/down toggle switch was so narrow you
had to grab it with a fingernail to reliably move it.

Larry