[maemo-users] Abnormal power consumption on N800

Paul Klapperich wrote:
> It'll be hard to test now, but my--gut reaction--guess would be that your

I can get the mac address taken out of the list if anyone needs me to
run more tests.

> N800 is continuously polling the access point for DHCP. Did it give an
> error
> about local network addresses or the like? I'm not sure I've see the '?'
> icon before and it would be interesting to know exactly how much network
> you
> get on hpcfwl without having your MAC in the ACL. Does it assign you a
> non-routable address and stick you in a VLan so you can't do any harm, does
> it just refuse to talk to your device, or what? Your network engineer might
> have some ideas with this...

As far as I know, the AP won't let me associate at all. Both hpcfwl and
guestwl are on the same access point, on different vlans. guestwl will
let anyone associate, and the vlan has a DHCP server that gives me an
address.

hpcfwl won't let me associate if the Mac address isn't in the list. The
vlan for this ssid has a different DHCP server, but as  far as I know I
haven't gotten to the point of talking to that DHCP server when the N800
is draining the battery.

It looks to me like it keeps polling trying to associate with the AP. Is
there some command I can run to confirm this?

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist