[maemo-users] Re: N800 and Bluetooth Headsets

On 2/6/07, Brian Waite <linwoes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 3rd worst problem is no 3G/cellular capability built-in.
> >
> <Opinion>By far the best choice!
> Why? Well adding cell support jumps the cost up probably another $100 US. and
> secondly this puts pressure on the cell market. Right now there is no
> competition. I know wifi is still not ubiquitous, and the N800 does not
> replace the cell phone, but it adds some pressure that will keep growing.
> Maybe cell cos will start dropipping prices/adding features to stay
> competitive.
> </Opinion>

Bring your own SIM would be an interesting option and something I've
seen in newer UMPCs and even laptops.   I could definitely see using a
data-only plan for the tablet.  I'm generally fine with my bluetooth
to cellular connection, but dedicated data service would be pretty
nice.

No idea whether there is space for the radio, but a SIM slot seems
like it would fit in pretty easily.

--
Jonathan Greene
m 917.560.3000