[maemo-users] N770/N800 Equivalent to Soti Pocket Controller Professional

All,

anyone who has worked with PDA's for a while is probably aware of the
outstanding application from Soti Software, called Soti Pocket
Controller (SPC). SPC allows the PDA to be controlled from a computer
desktop by means of an "emulator" image of the device that is rendered
on the PC display monitor and which accepts mouse clicks and keyboard
keys in lieu of the stylus.  I uses this product extensively and it is
somewhat analogous to having a VNC/RDP capability for the PDA except
that a number of additional capabilities are provided (e.g. soft
reset/file explore, desktop file sync, etc.).  With this tool, I can
easily send long SMS text messages without suffering from "stylus fatigue".

what I was wondering is if anyone is working on a similar
tool/capability for the N770/N800 that will run on either a Linux or a
Windows desktop OS?
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
serving the digital home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and emerging
carrier markets

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad at aol.com <mailto:jholmblad at aol.com>