[maemo-users] N800 screen protector

On 1/26/07, Mike Klein <mklein at vxappliance.com> wrote:
> I've never needed screen protection for my stylus....5yrs on my ipaq and
> display is just as good as my N800 after 2 weeks of usage.
>
> I guess I'll have to examine my stylus with a microscope or magnifying
> glass.
>
> CompUSA guy threw in free 1yr replacement policy...so I'll guess I'll be
> activating it shortly.

Mike -

Did you remove the initial protector that it came shipped with?  Or
are you perhaps still using it?

I've noticed lots of scratches (that are most visible with a dark
screen) since receiving and using it today that leads me to believe
that - like Karoliina said - it's *only* protection against shipping
damage, and is not meant to be used long term.  I've had a (badly cut)
protector on the 770 since buying it in Dec '05 and wouldn't /dream/
of not having /something/ covering that lovely screen ... :-)

All the best,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews-Levine|matthewslevine at gmail.com|07790 195 895
  "That sounds vaguely obscene, and if there's one thing I