[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Pengupop

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 05:05:14PM +0100, jl.biord at free.fr wrote:
> A release of Pengupop is available on garage.maemo.org. Pengupop is a funny
> Puzzle Bobble game.

Frozen bubble!

> It is possible to play alone or online with an opponent.
> With a username/password (available by registering on junaplay.org), the score
> is saved on server. It is possible to replay the parties on junaplay site. I
> have just ported to 770 with a launcher to enter username/password. All seems to
> work well.

Yes.

The start up takes a long time.  For a second I was worried.

The 770's CPU is barely strong enough.  Sometimes the game lags.

The controls are not very good.  It is easy to press the select key and
shoot the bubble by accident.  It is also very very hard to press an
arrow key just once; it starts autorepeating too soon.  (This is a
problem with many applications; I wish there was a way to use
'xset r rate' on the 770).

Pengupop installed the menu item into "Extras" rather than "Games".  And
it is not available from the Extras repository.

Marius Gedminas
--
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
- Bert Lantz