[maemo-users] Python installation failure on N800

I tried to install python 2.5 for OS2007 via the maemo website but my N800 tells me that it is unable to install because some packages required for the installation are missing.

libglade2-0(>=1.2.3.6)
libsdl-ttf2.0-0
libsdl-ttf2.0-0   (yes, that really does appear twice !)
libgdbm3

I must have got one of the first N800s, I bought it on the day they were launched at CES. By any chance do I have an outdated version of OS2007 ?

Is it reasonable to expect to be able to just click the 'Click here to install' button in the maemo application search engine and have it install ?

Alan