[maemo-users] gcc compiler suite, linker, and make for ARM on ITOS2006

On 1/23/07, Paule Ecimovic <paule at certrex.net> wrote:
> Hi, Larry
>
>     Thanks for this link to the Maemo 2.1 SDK. This is full of useful
> programming examples, although I am looking for gcc to run from the Nokia
> 770 itself from within an osso-xterm in order to be able to compile, link,
> and run programs right from and on the device, just like on a desktop linux
> box. I would like to skip the external linux box though.
>
> Cheers,

 Oops, my mistake!  However, with the SDK it's relatively
straightforward to build an ARM executable of gcc, the binutils, and
glibc.  That said, it's very time-consuming and may be a bit confusing
for someone else who hasn't done it before.  It looks like there's a
native build of the toolchain here, so you may want to check it out:
http://dominion.kabel.utwente.nl/koen/cms/working-native-eabi-toolchain

Larry