[maemo-users] Striped Screen of Death?

Mike Klein wrote:

>> thanks - guess I need to make the call then.  I was hoping there was
>> some sort of fix we could run from a computer....

> Doesn't Nokia provide a means of re-flashing the device? Or do you need
> SDK installed for this?

There is a means of reflashing the device, it does not require the SDK
installed, but the problem described is a hardware failure that has no
end user solution.  A number of folks have reported such screen
failures, which are often misdiagnosed as software failures because they
are prone to happen during reboots which often happen after software
changes.

Send the device in for service or replace it.

Thanks,
Mike