[maemo-users] Charger Blues

Amichai Rotman wrote (03-01-2007 08:14):
> Hi All,
>
> I bought my N770 while visiting the UK a few months back.
>
> The charger (AC4-X) cable snappt at the root of the end that goes to the
> wall. Now I cannot charge my device :-(
>
> I am now back home and this particular charger model isn't available.
> Furthermore, the local Nokia rep doesn't support the N770 because it
> isn't a cell phone....
>
> I know all new models come with a similar charger (with the mini plug)
> and so I found a charger with similar tech specs (input and output), by
> similar I mean the output mA is 860 instead of 890...
>
> I charged it once with a friend's charger and it worked fine - except 2
> things:
>
> I charged it while the device was off. The battery icon showed up and
> after a few second begun to animate the charge. A while later I noticed
> the screen was off completely - no indication for the charging process.
> I turned the device on and it booted faster than usual and the battery
> animation was still showing....
>
> The other thing I noticed was: the charge didn't last like it used to. I
> might be wrong, because I left FBReader open and the Online Mode on (I
> usually don't have network access at work, so I leave it Offline).
>
> Is it OK to use a different charger with the same specs? Am I doing
> something that will cause damage to the device? the battery?

You can use any Nokia charger with a 2mm connector - I often use the one
I got with my Nokia 6131 phone.  It is the same charger used by the
N-series of Nokia phones.

You can also buy a small adapter cable from the Nokia 3.5mm connector to
the new 2mm connector, in case you have old Nokia adapters lying around
like I have.

--
Ren? Seindal (rene at seindal.dk)