[maemo-users] Unison and large transfers

Greetings,

Is anyone else using unison to sync directories of several hundred
megabytes?  In addition to using it for backup, unison is my preferred
method of transferring files to and from the 770.  However, when I move
a large volume of data (for example a 300MB audio book from
librivox.org, or a recompressed movie from archive.org) I find that it
often fails or behaves erratically.  Transfer speeds fluctuate wildly,
the device gui often becomes unresponsive, and occasional reboots occur.

The reliability of the transfer can be improved by throttling the speed
using SSH.  By switching to 3DES encryption and turning on compression,
network speed is cpu throttled at around 175KB/sec.  The peak throughput
is reduced, but the erratic slowdowns disappear and the device appears
much more stable during the transfer.

Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

Thanks,
Mike