[maemo-users] Problem connecting to internet (GPRS) using Samsung E900 phone

> It seems I got the ppp connection running using the ppp scripts. The
> phone has the GPRS logo in the corner and using ifconfig I can see that
> the nokia has been assigned an IP. So far so good. I used the trick
> here:
>   https://maemo.org/maemowiki/DummyIAP
> To get me an connection in the right corner. But when I try to connect
> to anything either using the browser or IM it simply doesn't connect.
> Opera says network error right away.
> There doesn't seem to be a ping program included so I can test it that
> way.

Nmap has an option to mimic ping.
As I see on the net, lot of people
has the similar problem using non
nokia phone.
One poster found the solution reading
manual for the very phone. Something
not obvious to human mind. Try that way
first. (Selecting country and service
provider.)
I always used kernel sort of ppp (pppd)
on desktop, having it easier to trouble-
shoot. Have you checked syntax for conf
file for unvisible errors?
Best regards

                  Zoran