AW: [maemo-users] Canola: other apps won't start

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org [mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org] Im
Auftrag von Mikhail Sobolev
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2006 09:04
An: maemo-users at maemo.org
Betreff: Re: [maemo-users] Canola: other apps won't start

Hi

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 08:59:34PM +0100, Zrz wrote:
> I installed Canola (great app btw) and noticed that other apps won't
> start anymore, even when there is enough swap space available.
>
> For example: I have Opera and the mail client runing and want to
> launch a third app. I see a high cpu load which fades away after some
> seconds but the app will not start.
I have not tried Canola yet :)  However from what I saw on the web, it
could be the applet that takes a lot of memory.  Try removing it from
home and see if it helps.

Hope this helps

Hi Misha,

I have the same behaviour even when the desktop applet is not running, when
I stopped /etc/init.d/canola.conf and the canola app is not running. Plenty
of swap space is also avaible.
Since I installed Canola running to apps seems to be the max.
Very strange indeed.

--
Misha