[maemo-users] install problem

"ext maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org" <maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org> writes:

> /# dpkg --configure -a
> E: error processing maemo-lauchner --(configure):
> Package is in a very bad inconsistent state . you should reinstall it before attemting configuration.
>  maemo-launcher

Hmm, how did you get into this state?  I.e., what repositories did you
use and how did you get the Application Manager to upgrade the
maemo-launcher package?

In any case, you should do what dpkg tells you, reinstall
maemo-launcher.  apt-get should be able to do it for you:

  # apt-get install maemo-launcher

or maybe

  # apt-get --reinstall install maemo-launcher