[maemo-users] Please Help-power-on/boot issue

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 12:58 -0700, ext Doug Frazee wrote:
Igor,
> Thanks for your reply.  It's very refreshing to have a Nokia employee
chime-in only minutes after my post.

But don't get used to it ;-)

By the way, Nokia phone support also suggested I try another battery.
Although I'd love to try it, unfortunately I don't have an extra battery
and I bought the 770 via mail order.  I'm not aware of any dealers in my
area (21401 zip).

What do you mean by:
> "the charger itself is a wakeup source, no need to press buttons. The
presence of power from the charger is enough."

Just that: plugging in a compatible charger, connected to an AC power
outlet, will wake up the device and put it into charging state.

In my case, the charger does seem to wake the device, but I still can't
get it to boot to the desktop or use the 770, even when plugged-in to
the charger.

Your problem can be:
-SW, then reflashing should fix it
-HW, then you can only return it to service point
-Battery, i don't think it's covered by warranty, but i do R&D, not
customer service so i could be wrong

I would say that if you still get the charging icon and so it's not
completely hopeless.
But the only way to know it would be to try with a different battery.

If it can help, it's the same used by the 9500 communicator. Maybe you
can borrow from somebody?

If not, well, you are left only with the sw option: reflash.

I doubt it will help, but the repair point will reflash it, so you are
going to loose the data anyway, if you are sending it for servicing.
--
Cheers,
           Igor

Igor Stoppa (Nokia M - OSSO / Tampere)