[maemo-users] Re: How to add the SOAPpy package?

Hi Teemu,

Teemu Harju wrote:
> Due to storage space limitations on the device the pymaemo runtime
> does not include the distutils package. You need to use the Maemo SDK
> on the PC that has the distutils, build the application there, make
> an installer package and then install it to the device.

Bummer - my installation of the Maemo SDK on my PC didn't work (I think)
Instead of following the steps from:

http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/tutorials/Maemo_tutorial.html#settingup

I used the installer in:
http://repository.maemo.org/stable/mistral/installer/

But I cannot figure out what the resulting state is after running the
installer. E.g. I don't get:

$ /scratchbox/login

Welcome to *Scratchbox*, the cross-compilation SDK!
--- 8< 8< 8< ---

And as I recall, other steps from the tutorial didn't work neither...

So I guess I just have to start over, doing things step by step as
stated in the tutorial.

I kinda thought I could use the LiveCD
(http://maemo.org/maemowiki/LiveCD), but this obviously "can't build
packages targeting the arm processor running maemo on Nokia 770".
Moreoever, I guess this is for maemo 1 (?)...

> Here is kind of a tutorial for this...
> http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/pymaemo/python_maemo_howto.html#Distributing+your+Python+applications

Thx, I'll look into this! I started with your blog/tutorial (super, btw)
- hoping I wouldn't have to take up the fight with the SDK... :o)

BR,
  Martin