[maemo-users] R&D mode

Talking of which.

I haven't been following the latest progress on the R&D mode for the 770,
but last time I switched my unit into R&D it broke. :-(

Like many other people I had the "white screen of death" after that. I got
the screen repaired by NOKIA (France) together with a nice comment stating
something like "Don't do that, naughty boy, cause we wont repair it twice".

What's the common idea today? Is it (relatively) "sure" to put it in R&D,
or is it still as delicate as it used to be?

Or is there any other way of gaining root these days?

Gustav