[maemo-users] Underbar in handwriting recognition

ext Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am wondering, if anybody is using handwritting recognition.
> I am still struggling of getting an underscore.... The training tool say I
> have to enter something like
>
> 	._
>
> What does the dot in the character mean?

It indicates the starting point of the stroke, so the underscore is
drawn from right to left. If you press on a shape in the handwriting
teacher, it will show you the strokes one by one.

> Or do I have to do something (e.g. pressing another button)before I can get an
> underbar?

Press the "Abc1" button on the left side of the handwriting area so it
turns into ";?*", then the underscore character will be recognized. If a
particular character is giving you trouble, just add your own shape for
it using the teacher.

Regards,
Tomas