[maemo-users] Bah! white screen of death

Hi,

I have noticed that sometimes indeed the device doesn't boot up if the
battery is low and the reboot cycle may feel weird. However, you should
see the Nokia text on this white screen anyway in that case. If nothing
can be seen, then the problem might be more trickier one.

Software related problems (in case of your flash image would be
corrupted for some weird reason etc.) can be solved in most cases with
reflashing. Reflashing successfully done but not helping to the problem
is an indication of a hardware fault.

However, if nothing helps and the symptoms don't go away with reflashing
etc. and most importantly the device boots up on a freshly flashed
device normally (you can hear the Nokia tune, but not see), but the
screen stays blank white, then you may have a hardware problem
unfortunately and you may need to take it to service.

Best Wishes,
Karoliina