[maemo-users] broken /etc/passwd

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:23:50 +0200
booiiing <booiiing at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi everybody,
> although i tested the setup before, i broke my /etc/passwd by setting
> the shell for user to /bin/bash. bash-m is installed and works when
> invoked manually and for another user i created also as login-shell.
> however, osso-xterm terminates immediately after starting after i set
> the shell for user to bash.
> can i fix this somehow without flashing the rootfs? i have load-plugin
> with run-dialog and a second user with unlimited sudo. all accounts
> happen to be invalid for ssh-login.
> i also have a backup of the passwd on the mmc.

In case you have the memory-cpu-run applet you could from the desktop: sudo cp /media/mmc1/passwd /etc/passwd
This can also be done with gpe-filemanager. I don't know if you'll have enough time before it reboots, though.

Anyway, I think maemo's bash is not in /bin/bash but in (i think) /usr/bin/bash or something.

Good luck,
Jaime