[maemo-users] Good GPS Bluetooth module

> From: Brad Midgley <bmidgley at xmission.com>
> Subject: Re: [maemo-users] Good GPS Bluetooth module
> To: maemo-users at maemo.org
>
> Marius
>
> > > If I had done some more research before buying it I would probably have
> > > chosen the Nokia one that uses a compatible charger.
>
> If we're doing "would have" then I might have gotten a logging gps. The
> nokia still sort of "locks up" when reading gps data and having reliable
> logging inside the gps would be very nice in those situations when I
> want to upload my tracks later to a place like walkingboss.org.
>
> The wintec wbt-100 has an internal log and patches to gpsbabel will
> allow you to load the log from linux (and eventually from the nokia :)

I've used the Delorme Bluelogger - and its very nice. However, the
drivers for downloading the logs is Windows only. So I would recommend
(and may get one myself) the WinTec WBT-200.

As Brad mentions, there is a GPSBabel add-on that works with it, and
it's cheaper at like $95.

For more info check here:
http://www.hexten.net/2006/06/18/using-the-wintec-wbt-200-with-mac-linux

Definitely go with a logger - it makes it so much easier as you can
still do tracking with or without your Nokia 770 or laptop.

Andrew
--
Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com        42.4266N x 83.4931W