[maemo-users] link local and adhoc networks...

I have found very little on the internet about how to connect to an
adhoc network.

Some networks the 770 will connect with a 'link local' message but
return an error when the browser attempts to access a web site.

Conversely,  my laptop computer negotiates these networks fine.

What is my laptop able to do that the 770 is not?

(Btw, is there a more appropriate forum than this for questions such
as this?)

Thanks, Larry.