[maemo-users] Future features for Maemo Desktop (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar)?

Probably mainly interesting to developers (and other Linux-savvy
people) but I'd like better integration between the desktop
applications and the XTerm.

This doesn't have to be very fancy, MacOSX provides pretty good
integration with just a few minimal measures:
- The "open" command (from the command line) will open lots of files
(and directories, and urls), selecting the application to use with
the same database as used for double-clicking.
- Dragging an  icon from the finder to XTerm will paste the pathname
there.
- Desktop apps can be started from the command line, and will accept
a filename to open when run in that way (implemented in the GUI
framework by simulating an open command, not something every app
needs to care about).
- Even though the Finder doesn't normally show the geeky unix
directories you can open them with the shell "open" command or by
typing their pathname into a special dialog. This allows you to use
standard UI tools (such as the minimal text editor) on things they
can't normally reach.
Goldman