[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Future features for Maemo Desktop (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar)?

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:33 +0200, koos vriezen wrote:
> 2006/8/18, Karoliina Salminen <karoliina at karoliinasalminen.com>:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I am now collecting some ideas for future development of the UI framework.
> >
> > If you have any features that you'd like to see in the future in the
> > components mentioned on the topic (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar),
> > please send your feature requests/ideas to me: karoliina.t.salminen at
> > nokia.com or reply them on this list for further discussion. So now is
> > your chance to affect to which direction you'd like us to develop the
> > desktop UI framework.
>
> What I would like is the filedialog keeping it's current directory, so
> not starting at scratch all the time within an application. That also
> includes the loading of the iconlist, which btw. is rather slow as
> well.

I would second that request. Also, while on a subject, the file browser
needs an optional 'View as list' option similar to the one found in
nautilus.

-Vlad

P.S. Also, a native desktop support for landscape->portrait rotation
would be really nice.