[maemo-users] Streamtuner build 4 available on garage (now use mplayer instead of gst-launch)

Still beta but it's now much more enjoyable.
Try it : https://garage.maemo.org/projects/streamtuner/
(advice: don't use double clic to select stream, use "play
icon" and just wait a little for the stream to come)

I was able to re-compile  gst-plugins-base with vorbis, ogg and other
things.
(see attachment with gst-inspect results from the NOKIA 770)
It works quite well, i used this to play ogg :
gst-launch-0.10 gnomevfssrc location=$1 ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! dsppcmsink
but on the nokia 770 it was too slow : 50% CPU whith normal quality
stream and 90% with high
quality stream. Not really usable with Streamtuner ...

So I give a try to mplayer  (garage version) and it was much better.
400% faster for ogg... but don't know really why ... libvorbisidec vs
tremor internal or maybe
just audioconvert overhead ...
And just as fast as gst-launch-0.10 gnomevfssrc location=$1 ! dspmp3sink
with mplayer -ao gst -ac dspmp3 $1 (thanks to DSP MP3 support)

So the winner is : mplayer
The mplayer binary (garage version) need to be in Documents folder if
you want Streamtuner to
play your favourite songs.

Enjoy and ... stay tuned ;-)

Olivier ROLAND.