[maemo-users] maemo mapper vs. satellite

On 16-Jul-2006, at 03:20 , Brad Midgley wrote:

> Hey
>
> I only get *parts* of the Pacific Ocean (possibly those with no
> land) to
> show up and only from zoom 0-10. Everything else is just black screen.
> Maybe google treats the ocean-only tiles as a special case.
>
> Using maemo mapper 1.1, 2006 OS
> uri is
> http://kh.google.com/kh?n=404&v=6&t=%s
>
> Who has this working? Is google changing the way it behaves?

I had that same problem 2 weeks ago, under 2005 OS, with both
sattelite and map images. I asked around on the forum but no-one
replied that they saw it too. Then I upgraded to 2006 OS and the new
Maemo Mapper and the problem went away.

Hmm, indeed, the problem is back for me too, with similar symptoms to
yours (maps work, sattelite images don't).
Goldman