[maemo-users] pine mail client for maemo2?

On 7/14/06, Michael P. Lococo <mpl22 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > I've upgraded to 2006 OS recently, but am missing a suitable EABI build
> > of pine, my favourite mail client on the 770. Is anyone with the
> > knowledge to create such a build willing to do so?
>
> I've been holding off on the switch, hoping to see unison and pine
> repackaged for ITOS2006.

My `mud' project would have made this trivial. An auto-builder
designed to target the contrib repository for simple ports like these.

Unfortunately, it wasn't accepted as a Garage project and the workflow
for responding to a rejection is so utterly useless (read
non-existent) that I've no idea what status it'll end up in.

You can see the thoughts on it outlined here[1]:

    http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2006-July/004527.html

Although it'd be possible to create outside of the Garage, the main
benefit is adding these many debs to the contrib repository, meaning
that people doing simple ports can contribute to mud, rather than
setting up YAR (Yet Another Repo) - thus simplifying the task for
users.

Cheers,

Andrew

[1] The garage project application process is even more annoying in
that it doesn't seem to save your applications, thus muddying the
workflow for dealing with a rejection even further.

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew at bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/