[maemo-users] Next revision of 770 hardware - any idea when it willbe available?

Coming from the x86 virtualization perspective... I'm pretty sure they're
discussing ARM emulation on IA32/x86 (as in, during the development and
testing phase), not IA/x86 emulation on ARM in the Maemo 2.0 Roadmap. :-)

See here:

http://maemo.org/platform/docs/tutorials/Maemo_tutorial.html

  "Things not yet part of Maemo SDK"
and
  "Building for ARMEL"

They already have a partial Type-III VMM implementation (via QEMU) but need
to finish fleshing it out so you get a full runtime environment (like the
older Palm platform emulators, and the current Windows Mobile 5.0 emulator)
so you can mimic an entire device rather than specific app-run functionality.

-JMills
Jason Mills -- jmills at vmware.com
Portal Project Manager / Administrator
VMTN Turner of Knobs and Pusher of Buttons