[maemo-users] how to determine track's length from GPX-file

> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:50:13 +0200
> From: "Armin M. Warda" <armin.warda at googlemail.com>
> Subject: [maemo-users] how to determine track's length from GPX-file
>         generated by Maemo-Mapper?
> To: maemo-users at maemo.org
>
>   Hi,
>
> how can I compute the length of a track or track-segment
> (= distance travelled) from a GPX-file I generated with
> Maemo-Mapper, the Nokia770's GPS-Mapper?
>
> Do you know a free web service or linux software, to which
> I can input my GPX-file and which then outputs the length
> of the track or track segments?

I put together a quick Ruby script to do this for any number of tracks
put in on the command line:

$> gpx.rb track1.gpx track2.gpx
track1.gpx: 0.84534 miles
track2.gpx: 0.98521 miles

http://highearthorbit.com/projects/geolocation/gpx.rb

This should also work on the Nokia770 w/  Ruby installed.
Andrew

--
Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com        42.4266N x 83.4931W