[maemo-users] Maemo v2.0 power consumption when turned off

Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 ? 09:15 +0200, Xavier Calbet a ?crit :
>   Since I installed maemo v2.0 I am noticing
> that my batteries run dead after a week of having
> it switched off!!!
>
>   This did not happen with the previous version.
>
>   Is maemo v2.0 drawing battery power when
> completely turned off? Maybe because
> of the new alarm clock feature which needs
> constant power to work?
> Or is it just
> the humid weather of the summer that is
> draining the batteries?

Did you play with the alarm feature of the IT2006 beta ?

If you did, it might be the cause of the battery drain because after
enabling one time the alarm, even if it is off, the "suspend" feature is
still used by 770 when trying to power it off. The only way to disable
it is to crash 770 (or maybe remove battery, I didn't try that) and get
it to fully reboot.

--
Frederic Crozat <fred at crozat.net>