[maemo-users] extending 770 video player

You are sure, gstreamer is a good point of start.
I have not started reading any documentation about gstreamer, just some
pieces of information for getting an overview of what it is.

However, based on the figure at
http://maemo.org/platform/docs/multimedia/images/multimedia/770-arch.png ,
gstreamer is only an api by which upper applications may use to access  the
multimedia functionalities of 770. That is, using gstreamer is certainly
part of the solution, but I think that for extending the 770 video player,
the video player itself should announce some interface through which people
may extend its capabilities, such as providing a new feature for RTP stream
playback. It's this documentation what I'm missing...

Does anybody knows if such documentation exists, or even whether is it
possible?

Loreno