[maemo-users] Video encoding script

On 4/13/06, Hilary Miller <hilfmil at gmail.com> wrote:
> but whenever the resulting video file is large, like 100megs, the nokia
> refuses to play it with a generic video playback error. Does anyone watch
> large video files on their nokia? Am I the only one having this problem?

I have an episode of a TV show I created to test the video with and it
plays fine. It is about 140M in size. I'll check my notes at home
later to see exactly what mencoder voodoo I used to create it.

> Speaking of large files, I'm dissapointed that the browser application
> refuses to download large 100megabyte files by simply greying out the save
> and open buttons while leaving only cancel. If anyone has had any luck with
> this I'd love to hear about it.

I haven't seen this either except in cases where there simply was not
enough room to store the file. I downloaded the above file using ftp
through the default browser.

John