[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Hi..."Xephyr" is not running and opening in my system

Hi,

> I am using SuSe Linux 9.3 with kernel 2.6 version. I am feeling very happy
> to work with the Nokia 770 device.
>
> I would like to install the Maemo SDK but I got stuck with the "Xephyr"
> installation.
>
> The tutorial says
> "Xephyr is pre-installed in the rootsrap, so just to make starting up Xephyr
> easier, create this kind of "start-xephyr.sh" script. Change the name of the
> target to the one you are using, here "SDK_PC":"
>
> But I can't find it anywhere. I also did not manage to install it myself it
> should be in the Xserver package, but that is installed already?
>
> After execution of the "start-xephyr.sh" file at prompt(outside of
> scratchbox), It is showing the below error:
> : invalid option.
>
> After execution of the "af-sb-init.sh start" command in the scratchbox
> console, it is showing the below error:
>
> [sbox-SDK_PC: ~] > export DISPLAY=:2
> [sbox-SDK_PC: ~] > af-sb-init.sh start
> <sbox-SDK_PC]: ~]>af-sb-init.sh start
>
> Note: For Remote X connections DISPLAY should contains host name!
> Sample files present.
> Starting Maemo Launcher: maemo-launcher
> maemo-launcher[7199]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gdk - gdk_display_close: assertion
> 'GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
> .
> Starting DBUS system bus
> Starting D-BUS session bus daemon
> Starting Sapwood image server
> Starting Matchbox window manager
> Starting keyboard
> Starting MAEMO AF Desktop
> <sbox-SDK_PC]: ~]>matchbox-wm: can't open display! check your DISPLAY
> variable
> sapwood-server[7243]: GLIB WARNING ** Gdk - can't open display: (null)
> maemo_af_desktop[7280]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - can't open display:
> hildon-input-method[7268]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - can't open display:
>
> What I have to do to solve my problem? Please do needful. I will be waiting
> for your reply.

On Fedora Core I'm actually using xvnc as outlined in this blog post
http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2005/06/25/maemo-and-fedora and
it seems to run pretty well although it seems to winge about the
800x480 resolution.

Peter