[maemo-users] Is it possible to boot from the MMC card?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Jose Maria Rodriguez Millan did have cause to say:

><DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm taking my first steps in developing for this platform, and, although i've seen a developer system can be flashed on the device, i'm wondering if it's possible to somehow copy the developer system on the MMC card and then, boot from it.I guess that would make developing for the platform way easier.</DIV>

Use text, mmkay?

And no, right now there is no way to boot off mmc (or network, or..) but
something could probably be hacked up. (See the multiboot-menu packages that
were developed for the ipaq - the basic idea is that all versions share a
kernel, but the initrd can 'chain' to other initrds and roots.)