[maemo-users] Shameless request for a developper help

Hello,

Since I tried the FBreader 0.7.3 package, I cannot launch my
extra-applications anymore (as told in a previous mail).

Thanks to the great help I received on IRC, we discovered that
extra-applets (like CPU/mem applet) are still launched !

In order to understand what my problem is I tried to change the source
in the CPU/mem applet to add two simple function :

- one that launch and xterm (to see if it works)
- the other to backup my .gpe folder to my MMC card so I can reflash
the whole system.

Unfortunatly, I'm stuck at my parent's house for a few days and I
discovered that they don't have enough disk space to install the whole
maemo SDK ! I tried to clean up everything without success.

So, I'm asking here for help. Can anybody here take the time to modify
the source of CPU/mem and make a deb for me ? I don't think I have
nothing to offer in exchange except a few visitors to the website of
your project (I've a quite popular weblog).. I'm simply stuck with my
broken 770 and the computer of my mother :-( So, it's a call for help.

The modification seems really easy :

Adding this to line 298  (with correct PATH, I have no idea of what
are the correct ones):

static void
activate_xterm_item(GtkMenuItem *item, gpointer data)
{
   g_spawn_command_line_async("??/xterm", &error);
}

static void
activate_gpe_item(GtkMenuItem *item, gpointer data)
{
   g_spawn_command_line_async("cp -r /home/user/??.gpe /media/mmc1/", &error);
}

Adding this to line 459 :

/* Xterm */
       info->menu_xterm = gtk_menu_item_new_with_label("Launch Terminal");
       gtk_menu_shell_append(GTK_MENU_SHELL(info->menu),
                       info->menu_xterm);
       g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(info->menu_xterm),
                       "activate",
                       G_CALLBACK(activate_xterm_item),
                       data);
/* Backup GPE */
       info->menu_xterm = gtk_menu_item_new_with_label("Backup GPE");
       gtk_menu_shell_append(GTK_MENU_SHELL(info->menu),
                       info->menu_gpe);
       g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(info->menu_gpe),
                       "activate",
                       G_CALLBACK(activate_gpe_item),
                       data);

It might work. I have no idea since I never developped with Maemo..

Thanks a lot for your support and for all advices I received on IRC. I
understand that my request is a bit "can-someonde-do-it-for-me" but
it's my only chance to have my calendar for the next week...

I really feel guilty to post this..

Lionel