[maemo-users] can I repair/reset the mail app without reflashing the device?

  Hi,

I removed everything in
  /home/user/.osso/osso-email/
  /home/user/apps/email/
and rebooted the device, then manually defined all my mailboxes.

This solved my problem.

I identified these directories by looking into the file
/etc/osso-backup/applications/osso-email.conf, which contains
the locations that are routinely backuped by the osso-backup
application.

Btw. I did not remove /home/user/.osso-email/, which contains
the AddressBook.xml, thus all email addresses were preserved.

Of cause, by deleting the contents of the two directories above,
I lost all emails in the Inbox, Outbox and Drafts folder, but these
were inaccessible anyway due to the corruption.

As a suprise to me, all emails in the Archive folder, that
previously seemed to be gone, reappeared after I emptied the
two directories. Magic. Guess these must be stored elsewhere,
probably on the RS-MMC?

  regards, Armin.

--
   --- May the Source be with you! Linux. ---
   --- secure eMail: http://www.gnupg.de/ ---