[maemo-users] emacs (on remote machines) / osso-xterm / BT keyboard

I was eagerly expecting the arrival of my Nokia SU-8W BT keyboard,
which I use with the bluetooth keyboard UI plugin v.0.3.0
(http://770.fs-security.com/keyboards.html). Everything works more or
less fine in remote shells (via (open)ssh) and in nano, aside from the
fact that I don't find the | (pipe) symbol on the SU-8W.

However, in emacs no joy: While Ctrl-X Ctrl-C and the like now work,
many characters do not work or make emacs do weird things. Standard
(english) letters and numbers work, also some basic characters like *
or @. But in particular all characters that require Fn - Shift - <key
press> fail, or send something which emacs interprets completely
different. I have only experienced things like that ages ago from
remote terminals, when TERM wasn't set properly or some serial line
was interfering. I never understood it then, and I am clueless now
what to do. $TERM is xterm which seems fine, and as I said characters
work in the remote session and in remote nano. I have the problems
both on machines which use UTF-8 as the default character set, as well
as on machines still using iso-8859-1.

There is some potentially related discussion ongoing in the internettablettalk
forums, which I have yet to digest, but there must be someone else trying
to use emacs from the 770???

Any hints / suggestions -- thanks!

Stefan

--
Stefan Boresch
Institute for Biomolecular Structural Chemistry