[maemo-users] Upgrading to latest firmware release

Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2006, 13:25 +0100 schrieb Luca Donaggio:
> I'm still using version 2.2005.45-8, should I upgrade to the latest
> release? What exactly has been fixed / improved? I've read that it
> suffers of some instability issues: is it true or have they been user
> specific problems?

I have upgraded to .51 last week and did not have any problems with
it. Some people reported instabilities, but nothing showed up so far.
I did not restore backup data, though; maybe that's the reason.

The noticable differences are:
 - no single crash since I upgraded the firmware
 - there's an additional predefined internet radio station
   AccuRadio Rock in the list
 - the GUI seems faster and more responsive
 - WLAN connectivity is very stable (.42 lost the connection sometimes)
 - no out-of-memory errors for normal usage (4 open browser windows
   with regular non-flash web sites, radio streaming, fbreader open in
   the background)
 - the PDF reader seems to be a bit faster; it's actually usable for
   PDFs without much graphics now
 - no more problems with large video files (.40 had serious trouble with
   that)

I'd suggest you should at least try out the latest firmware. You can
still change back to a previous version, if you should experience
instabilities. IMHO .51 is the best firmware release so far.

Regards, Martin