[maemo-users] PPTP VPN Support?

mikenet213 at comcast.net (mikenet213 at comcast.net) wrote:
> Would it be possible to create a IAP such that after connecting to an
> 802.11 network, the 770 automatically runs a PPTP client?
>
> Are there any other suggestions on how to get PPTP support?
>
> There's wireless internet access all over campus, but only PPTP and
> Cisco VPN(or SSH to your own machine) are supported.

I have the vague idea for a program that listens to changes to certain
gconf-keys (/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/current sounds like a
candidate) and have the hope that a connection to a network gets stored
there. Then one could invoke shell scripts depending on the name of the
network one connected to.

This might make it a bit easier to connect to a Bluetooth network or a
USB network without requiring a terminal every time: You'd simply create
dummy IAPs for these and the shell script would set up the actual
network.

I don't know, maybe Nokia already implemented something like that, but
up to now I did not find anything, I didn't search very hard though...
:)

Bye,
        Simon

--