[maemo-users] Nokia 770 -- Samba shared drives, root password, alternative video players

Hi there,

I've been playing with the Nokia 770 for a couple of days now (fantastic bit
of kit!) and wondered if anyone's had it connecting to shared drives of
other PCs using Samba? I've tried using the mount command, but you need to
be root and I've found no sign of anything that tells me the root password!

Using fakeroot won't cut it as mount then asks you if you really are root!

Whilst I'm here, are there any alternative video players to the one that
comes by default? The default one tries too hard for a perfect picture, so
the frame rate drops if you're trying to view 25fps 352x288 MPEGs. I'd be
happy to have a few artefacts in the picture if it maintained the original
framerate.

Many thanks for any info!

Nick