[maemo-users] WLAN problem with Nokia and FritzBox

Hi Tim and all,

> one lead i have, though, is, that dmesg says
> sm_drv_transmit: sm_frame_tx returned error -10

with the mail from Tim quoted below I think we have enough technical
information to ask this issue to the developer list. Hopefully there is
someone who can help us. Sorry for that crossposting, but I think we've
left the user level in our evaluation. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Good point, Tim, you came one step further than me. Additionally I
found out one thing: If you configure the FritzBox to use one (1) IP
network address for all interfaces (usb, LAN, WLAN), then the
connection with the N770 works. So I first thought that there is
something wrong with the Fritzbox. But after further evaluation I am
quite sure that bug is at the Nokia 770 side. This is, what I found
out:

The Nokia 770 netstat -r gives:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window
irtt Iface
192.168.182.0   *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0
0 wlan0
default         192.168.182.2   0.0.0.0         UG        0 0
0 wlan0

Another Linux PC, which is working fine in the WLAN gives:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window
irtt Iface
192.168.182.0   *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0
0 ath0
default         fritz.fonwlan.b 0.0.0.0         UG        0 0
0 ath0

(fritz.fonwlan.b seems to be the resolved name of the fritzbox IP
192.168.182.2). The ifconfig-settings are also identical at Nokia and
PC. But the statistics in the Nokia shows:

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

Thats what I see - the N770 can't transmit any data. From the router
side I can ping the PC and get answers. If I ping the Nokia, nothing
returns, but the Rx Counter goes up.

Further information in the mail quoted below: