Re: Aborting. LV mythinpool_tmeta is now incomplete

Hi Zdenek,

Thanks for your reply. The use case is for containerd snapshooter, yes, all lvm setup is on host machine, creating thin LV for VM-based/KATA container as rootfs.

For example:
https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3136

and

https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3022

So, we're evaluating such solution now~

Thanks,
Eric

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 19:04, Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dne 11. 04. 19 v 2:27 Eric Ren napsal(a):
> Hello list,
>
> Recently, we're exercising our container environment which uses lvm to manage
> thin LVs, meanwhile we found a very strange error to activate the thin LV:

Hi

The reason is very simple here - lvm2 does not work from containers.
It's unsupported and if it partially works - it's a pure lucky case.

ATM it's simply clear statement that lvm2 cannot be used from container simply
because block layer is not namespaced.

I'd give here long list of reason why it currently cannot work, but for now  -
you should focus on making all 'device-block' operation on you host - and pass
results to container.

Regards

Zdenek

--