snapshot looses origin when other snapshot is merged to the same origin

Hi,

I have a question related to multiple snapshots of the same thin volume. My scenario is that I create a thin pool, a thin volume and two snapshots of that thin volume. Both snapshots have the thin volume set as the origin volume. However, after I merge one of the snapshots to the origin then the second snapshot looses information about the origin.

The question is if that is an expected behavior or if I am doing something wrong? Is there a way to make the second snapshot keep having the origin with merged first snapshot as its origin?

Regards,
Zbigniew Kostrzewa