Re: Thin metadata volume bigger than 16GB ?

Il 22-06-2018 22:13 Zdenek Kabelac ha scritto:

Addressing is internally limited to use lower amount of bits.

Usage of memory resources, efficiency.

ATM we do not recommend to use cache with more then 1.000.000 chunks
for better efficiency reasons although on bigger machines bigger
amount of chunks are still quite usable especially now with cache
metadata format 2.

Does it means that with a 64 KB cache chunk size I can efficiently cache only up to 64 KB * 1000000 = ~60 GB volume?
So for, say, a 64 TB volume do I need to use 64 MB cache chunks?

ATM drop data you don't need  (fstrim filesystem).

So far there were not many request to support bigger size although
there are plans to improve thin-pool metadata format for next version.

Regards

Zdenek

Extremely informative answer, thanks a lot.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico