pvscan hung in LVM 160

I have a small question if I may ask.

I upgraded one of my systems to LVM 160, I know that's still rather old.

During boot, pvscan hangs, I don't know if this is because udev is terminated.

The pvscan --background never completes.

If I remove --background, pvscan instantly exits with code 3.

Consequently, none of my volumes are activated save what comes down to the root device, because it is activated explicitly, this is Ubuntu Xenial basically.

The thing only started happening when I upgraded LVM to a newer version.

Though pvscan exits with 3, at least my system doesn't take 6 minutes to boot now.

My only question is: was this a known bug in 160 and has this since been fixed, and if so, in what version?

Some people on Arch investigated this bug when 160 was current (around 2014) and for them the bug was caused by udev exiting before pvscan could finish.

The basic boot delays are caused by udevadm settle calls.

Regards.