Re: cache on SSD makes system unresponsive

matthew patton schreef op 24-10-2017 1:40:
Because whatever purpose you are using it for, it shouldn't OOM the system.

I posted a 6 point query to the list 2 days ago as to what are the
various settings being used (not LVM related) and also pointed out
that not using odirect was necessarily going to try to stuff the file
into the linux vm system which was bound to cause all kind of grief.

Maybe I'm missing responses but I haven't seen any answers to those
questions which has nothing to do with LVM. I would be very surprised
this has anything to do with LVM.

LVM is a system that is meant to run flawlessly without extra configuration.

You seem to be invested in not having problems solved.

I don't know.